Cetaphil Lotion for moisturizing is specially formulated to soothe your chronically dry skin. Once applied, your skin feels soft and smooth. It’s non-greasy, non–irritating and non–comedogenic (won’t clog pores), leaving you feeling more comfortable in your own skin.
Features of Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion
- Prevents the face from developing acne.
- Keeps the skin moisturized by not stripping it off essential nutrients.
- Gives a touch of clearer and fairer skin.
- Multi-purpose, can be used on any body part.
- Manufactured by Galderma Laboratories.
- Non-comedogenic, doesn’t clog pores, non adhesive or tacky.
- Non-greasy formula makes the skin smooth and soft, without aggravation.
- Does not need rinsing with water.
- Not include lipids, soap and ethyl alcohol.
- Perfect for daily use and a standard moisturizing face and body;
- Made for delicate skin of babies and young children.
Also Check :
Compositions of Cetaphil Lotion
Ingredients: water (purified), oil macadamia ternifoliya , glycerol,ceteareth 20, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sodium hydroxide, cetearyl alcohol, dimethicone, stearoxytrimethylsilane, stearyl alcohol, panthenol, farnesol, benzyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, citric acid, tocopheryl acetate .
How to use Cetaphil Lotion?
- Wash your hands properly before you begin to cleanse your face so as to remove all traces of harmful bacteria. Optionally, Use a makeup remover pad to remove and eliminate eye shadow, other cosmetics before you use the cleanser
- Splash your face with not so cold water(lukewarm). Try and remove any surface dirt you find so you can prepare the skin for the cleanser.
- Use daily, as essential, with light circular motions.
- Do not wash off with water, can be utilized for all ages.
How does it work?
- Cetaphil’s primary ingredients, petrolatum, glycerin and cetyl alchol are gentle and moisturizing, fantastic for sensitive skin and it absorbs easily and calms irritated skin.
- Emollient’s or moisturizers, are often used to treat dry skin. They help the skin by retaining water, and provide the skin with a layer of oil to prevent water loss, thereby lubricating your skin.
- Common emollients are vitamin A, E, C, and natural aloe vera. Common forms of Vitamin A emollients used in lotions are retinyl, retinoic acid, palmitate, retinal, etc. Avocados contain a large amount of vitamin A and potassium.
- The cream contains humectants or substances used promarily in cosmetic products to help retain moisture.
- They are also known as hygroscopic or able to absorb ambient water. Glycerol and glycerin are commonly known and used humectants and most have a vegetable oil base.
- A humectant like mineral oil can actually be harmful because if you apply too much it may build up underneath your skin and block the absorbtion of vitamins and nutrients.
- Overtime and through studies the beauty and healthcare industry has largely replaced mineral oil based products with vegetable oil.
- The combination of ingredients in Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream brings about long-lasting relief for severely dry skin. It’s non-greasy and can be used for any part of the body except maybe the lips. Lip balm would be suggested.
- It’s fragrance free and don’t have contain the irritants common from lanolins and parabins. Lanolin or wool grease, is a waxy substance secreted by wool bearing animals. About 1% of people are allergic to lanolin.
- Parabins are used as preservatives in cosmetics and a small percentage of the population is also allergic to them.
Finally, the product is non-comedogenic. So won’t clog pores.