Mometasone Furoate Cream Dermanex 0.1% 30gm
Mometasone Furoate decreases swelling (inflammation), itching, and redness. Mometasone is a medium-strength corticosteroid.Dermanex Mometasone Furoate cream can be used for :
- Psoriasis – This commonly has scalpy, red patches in the skin. Psoriasis is also likely found on outer side of joints. Inflammation of the joints is also called psoriatic arthritis.
- Eczema – The skin’s outer layer is inflamed, and is a form of dermatitis. Some symptoms are : swelling of the kin, redness, dryness and itching, flaking, blistering, cracking, and bleeding.
- Lichen Planus – Having white patches on outer skin, causing scars around the genital kin. Commonly found around the anus and on the vulva.
Ketocip Ketoconazole Dandruff Shampoo 100ML
Rated 4.62 out of 5$16.00 – $18.00
Selsun Selenium Sulfide Shampoo 2.5% Suspension USP
Rated 4.25 out of 5$14.00 – $16.00
Placentrex | Placental Cream | Human Placenta Extract 20g
Rated 4.57 out of 5$20.00
Hirudoid Cream (Mucopolysaccharides)
Rated 4.38 out of 5$16.00
Mometasone Furoate Cream Dermanex 0.1% 30gm
Rated 4.00 out of 5$20.00
Mometasone Furoate cream Benefits and Usage
Mometasone Furoate Cream – a synthetic corticosteroids, anti-inflammatory effect. As with other corticosteroids, intended for local use, mometasone furoate has antipruritic, and vasoconstrictive action antiexudative. In general, anti-inflammatory mechanism of GCS in the local application is not installed. Suggest that corticosteroids induce the release of proteins that inhibit phospholipase A2 and collectively known as lipokortina. These proteins control the biosynthesis of potent mediators of inflammation such as prostaglandins and leukotrienes, by inhibiting the release of their common ancestor – arachidonic acid.
Pharmacokinetics. Mometasone furoate penetration through the skin depends on various factors, including the drug and the integrity of the epidermal barrier. Studies conducted in volunteers showed that about 0.4% applied to intact skin dose (without occlusive dressings), mometasone furoate 0.1% in the form of an ointment or cream is found in the circulation after 8 hours Inflammation, and other skin lesions may lead to increased penetration of the drug through the skin.
Indications Mometasone Furoate Cream 0.1%:
Inflammation and itching in Medicine, measurable treatment GCS, state, accompanied by hyperkeratosis (atopic and seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, chronic eczema) in adults and children aged 2 years.
Also Check :
Applications Mometasone Cream
A thin layer of cream or ointment applied to affected skin 1 per day. Mometasone furoate dosage form, pattern and duration of treatment is determined individually.
Contradiction Mometasone Furoate Cream 0.1%:
Hypersensitivity to any component of the drug, the age of 2 years.
Side Effects Mometasone Furoate Cream usp 0.1
by skin application of the drug may occur very rarely following local reactions: burning, itching, skin atrophy, the appearance of rosacea. When the local use of different corticosteroids can rarely cause the following side effects: irritation and dryness, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, eel-like rash, hypopigmentation, perioral dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, secondary infection, striae and miliaria. The likelihood of these side effects increases with the use of occlusive dressings.
Special instructions Mometasone Furoate Cream usp 0.1
- We can not allow contact with the drug in the eye.
- As a result of systemic absorption when applied topically different corticosteroids may be a reversible depression of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal system, as well as symptoms of glucocorticosteroid insufficiency after withdrawal of the drug.
- Can also develop Cushing’s syndrome, hyperglycemia and glucosuria.
- Patients receiving corticosteroids for topical application to large areas of skin or the use of occlusive dressings should be tested periodically to detect signs of suppression of the function of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis. To this end, shows the test by the stimulation of ACTH, measurements of morning cortisol in the blood plasma and in other media, except for urine.
- In case if you have depression of this system, increase the interval between application of the drug or use less active GCS, or stop medication. Restoring function of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal system usually occurs soon after the abolition of the local SCS. Sometimes there may be signs and symptoms of glucocorticosteroid insufficiency, which requires the additional use of systemic corticosteroids. The drug should not be applied to the face, as well as in the axillary and inguinal folds.
- If irritation occurs, discontinue use of mometasone furoate and appropriate treatment. Allergic contact dermatitis in the application of corticosteroids is usually diagnosed on the basis of treatment failure, rather than on clinical symptoms of exacerbation, as is done in the local application of drugs that do not contain corticosteroids. Such surveillance should be reinforced through a skin test ointment.
- In the case of co-infection of the skin to apply an appropriate antifungal or antibacterial agent. If, within a short time can not reach the positive dynamics, the application should be suspended until Mometasone until the infection is completely eliminated.
- If within 2 weeks after initiation of therapy no improvement occurs, it is necessary to clarify the diagnosis.
- Use in children. In children aged 2 years of drug primenyut only under medical supervision. Due to the fact that in children the value of the ratio of surface area and body weight than adults, children are at greater risk of depression of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal system and the emergence of Cushing’s syndrome in the application of any topical corticosteroids, which rises when applied to the GCS area> 20% body surface area. For this reason, the risk of adrenal insufficiency when canceling treatment topical corticosteroids in children is higher. In the treatment of local corticosteroids in children is easier to appear atrophic skin changes until the appearance of stretch marks.
- Mometasone should not be used for the treatment of diaper dermatitis, caused by wearing diapers.
- Creams and ointments are not recommended for use under occlusive dressings, and applied to areas captured diapers or waterproof shorts, since in this case, the cream will be under an occlusive bandage.
- Use during pregnancy and lactation. Cream and ointment mometasone used during pregnancy only if the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus.
- Ability to influence the reaction rate on driving or operating other machinery. Eye drops may cause transient visual disturbances, therefore, should refrain from driving and working with other mechanisms.
interactions with other drugs has not yet been described. For mometasone furoate chemically incompatible with alkalis.
OVERDOSAGE Mometasone Furoate Cream 0.1%
systemic absorption when applied topically in a cream or ointment mometasone furoate may cause systemic effects. Treatment is symptomatic.