Ketocip ketoconazole shampoo 2% usage and benefits
This medication is utilized to restrain dandruff. The use of the medication may help to alleviate the flaking, scaling and itching connected with dandruff. Ketoconazole is a azole antifungal which operates by preventing the rise of fungus.
Ketoconazole shampoo 2 % shampoo can also be used to deal with a skin condition called pityriasis (tinea versicolor), also a fungal infection that causes a darkening or lightening of the skin from the throat, chest, arms, or legs.
How to use Ketoconazole Ketocip Ketoconazole 2 % Shampoo
- Wet hair and scalp entirely with water. Apply the shampoo onto your hair and scalp. Massage gently over entire scalp. Rinse hair with warm water. Repeat this procedure when directed to do so by your physician. Dry hair thoroughly following the last rinse.
- If using the over-the-counter potency of this shampoo (1 percent), put on the shampoo, lather, and rinse thoroughly. Repeat this procedure. Dry hair thoroughly following the wash.
- If damaging skin aside from the scalp, wet the skin and apply the shampoo to affected area and the neighboring healthful epidermis. Lather and leave in place for 5 minutes, then rinse with water.
- Dosage, variety of programs, and also the length of treatment depends on the strength of this shampoo (2 percent or one %) and the condition being treated. Carefully follow your doctor’s instructions or the package directions.
- Keep away from contact with all the eyes.
- Don’t start using the shampoo if your scalp/skin is broken or swollen.
Ketocip Ketoconazole 2 % Shampoo Side Effects
This medication can cause abnormal hair feel, discoloration, irritation, or pimple-like bumps on the scalp. There may also be oiliness or dryness of this hair and scalp. If any of these effects persist or worsen, inform your physician or pharmacist promptly.
Ketocip Ketoconazole 2 % Shampoo Precautions
Before using ketoconazole, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or to other azole antifungals like clotrimazole, econazole, or miconazole; or if you have any other allergies. This product can contain inactive ingredients, which can lead to allergic reactions or other issues.
Ketoconazole 2% shampoo is indicated for the treatment of tinea (pityriasis) versicolor caused by or presumed to be brought on by Pityrosporum orbiculare (also known as Malassezia furfur or M. orbiculare).
Note: Tinea (pityriasis) versicolor may give rise to hyperpigmented or hypopigmented spots on the back which may extend to the throat, arms and upper legs. Treatment of the infection may not immediately result in normalization of pigment into the affected websites. Normalization of pigment following effective therapy is variable and might take weeks, depending on individual skin type and incidental sun exposure. Though tinea versicolor is not contagious, it may recur since the organism that causes the disease is part of the normal skin flora.
Ketocip Ketoconazole 2 % Shampoo Usage and precautions
- Ketoconazole 1% Dandruff therapy shampoo is for exterior use about the head only.
- Please avoid it contacting your eyes. Wash quickly with lots of water if it will enter the eyes.
- You need to consult your physician for guidance in case your issue hasn’t solved after a month of therapy.
- This shampoo is not recommended for children below 12years of age.